Adding an opt-in form to your Facebook Fan Page is not something many people think of as a way of gathering more sign-ups. While it’s explained on AWeber I thought I’d repeat the instructions here for you. It’s actually pretty easy, there are a few steps that need to be completed.
1. First, log into your Facebook account. Once logged in, type in “FBML” to the search box in the upper-right corner.
2. Find the application called “Static FBML”. It should be near the top of the page. Click the “Applications” icon, then click “Add to My Page”, found on the left side.
3. A new window will open containing all of your Facebook pages. Click the “Add to Page” button to the right of the page you wish to have this form added to. Once done, look towards the bottom of the page and click on the “Ads and Pages” icon.
4. Look towards the top and click on the “Pages” link. Scroll down until you find the section that reads “FBML”. Click on the pencil icon in that section and choose “Edit”.
5. Now, log into your AWeber account, and click on the “Web Forms” tab. Create your web form, then click “Get HTML”. A new window will open. Click “Raw HTML Version” in the upper-right hand corner, then copy the HTML for your form to your clipboard.
6. Now, go back to your Facebook account, and paste the HTML of your form in the box. Once done, click “Save Changes”.
7. Now, click on the “Ads and Pages” icon at the bottom again. Then, click “Pages” at the top.
8. Next, click “View Pages”. Near the top of the page, click on the tab with the plus (+) sign, and choose “FBML” from the drop-down menu.
If you prefer video, you can watch it on the AWeber site here:
That reminds me, are you a fan of Blog Tech Guy on Facebook yet?