This is another guest post written by Celina Conner. If you’d like to write a guest post please contact me.
YouTube marketing has been gaining momentum and companies exploring the benefits of Video Marketing are continually increasing. Because more and more people prefer watching videos over reading an article about a product online, businesses take advantage of the entertainment that videos provide in selling their products or services. With that being said, video marketing is becoming an essential part in any company’s business strategy.
However, getting people to view your YouTube channel is not all there is to it. While gaining page views is important, turning your visitors into buyers is another challenge. If you have a YouTube channel and you have millions of page views but fewer sales, there might be some discrepancy that needs to be fixed.
Let us help you analyze where the glitch is so that you can improve your marketing on YouTube. Here are five probable reasons why your YouTube marketing does not convert.
1. Your videos are too long. Yes you may have the most dramatic video about care-giving service, but before people reach the end of it to recognize your company name they stop watching. People lose interest after the first two minutes because most of them who are online have shorter attention span.
2. Your video title is dull. People who look for products or services online usually are captured by interesting titles since it is what they see first in the search engine results page (SERP). Your videos may not even bring in the traffic because the video labels do not stick and are not appealing enough to grab their attention.
3. You have not given a clear call-to-action. A visitor may have enjoyed watching your video but this page view will not convert to a sale because he/she have no idea what you want them to do. Many companies make this mistake because all they were focused on was gaining page views. Your brilliant video marketing may be beautiful but it defeats its purpose if you do not inform your visitors a clear call-to-action after watching it.
4. You have not maximized YouTube’s features. YouTube is continually improving its interface to provide better service to individuals and companies alike to market themselves. For some users, they can actually choose the thumbnail that will show in the search page. There are settings that will make your channel more branded and will present your videos better such as customizing the background and choosing the “Player View” layout. There is now a “Post Bulletin” tab that you can use to inform your contacts and subscribers about your video updates. And there are plenty more if you explore YouTube’s features and use it to your advantage.
5. You are not uploading videos regularly. As with all things, not following up will definitely make you lose the opportunity of converting your viewers to be buying customers. Uploading a video with too long periods in between is not wise for it gives other companies in your niche the opening to steal your viewers and turn them into their customers mainly because they are more diligent in uploading their video ads.
So how can you reverse these and increase your YouTube views and convert them into buying and loyal customers? Let me give you some tips:
1. Create videos that are less than two minutes. Carefully conceptualize your video to be short yet creative and too irresistible not to be purchased. Make it unconventional and interesting that will make your subscribers share it to their friends and contacts.
2. Think of keyword-rich video titles that are concise and catchy. Make sure that it is relevant to your video else, you will just annoy your viewers for tricking them into watching your video that is totally unrelated to the title.
3. These people landed on your YouTube channel because you have what they are looking for. Then plainly tell them what you offer and direct them how to acquire it. If they need to fill out a sign up form, tell them. Do they need to contact your sales representative? Provide the information in a clear way. Don’t be passive about it and instead give out a clear call-to-action for them to follow.
4. Take time to explore the features of YouTube and research latest trends how to make your channel and video more appealing to customers.
5. Create a series of videos that will be uploaded on a regular basis to draw people in. You may make video ads in a story line that are segmented which you can upload throughout the week. Any approach will do so long as you post videos frequently that will make people check out your channel more often.
It is time for you to translate those millions of views into millions of dollars. Review your video marketing efforts if you fall in any of those we mentioned above. Heed our advice and see how you can convert your visitors into loyal patrons of your business.
Celina Conner is a Yoga Instructor, a holder of a Diploma of business from Martin College Australia and a mother of a beautiful daughter, Krizia. She has a passion in cooking and formulating vegan recipes.Follow her adventures on her Twitter.