Quite a few people have asked for help recently on changing the default setup of WordPress that says “no comments” under a post (or above a post on this site).
Well, it’s easy! If you open index.php (and single.php if you have one) in your particular theme (wp-content/themes/your_theme), there will be a line similar to this:
There may be some differences depending on what your theme likes to do with the wording. There are three “states” the comments can be in:
1. No Comments. Here this is displayed with the words Comments (0)
2. One comment. Here this is displayed with the words Comments (1)
3. More than one comment. Here it is Comments (%) where the % will be the number of comments over 1.
You can change these sections to whatever you like, just remember to make a copy of the file you are changing first as a backup. For example:
All I’ve done is change:
1. Comments (0) to → We love comments, want to make one?
2. Comments (1) to → 1 comment left. Want to make another?
3. Comments (%) to → % Comments left. Want to make another?
Any questions please give me shout.