- General Blogging Questions
- Q: What is a blog?
- See this article: What is a blog? →
- Q: Why should I blog?
- See this article: Why should I blog? →
- Q: What is RSS?
- See this article: What is RSS? →
- Q: How do I add an email subscription box to my blog?
- See this article: How do I add an email subscription box to my blog →
- Q: How do I keep people on my blog for longer?
- See this article: How do I keep people on my blog for longer: →
- Q: I have a WordPress blog. Now what?
- See this article: I have a WordPress blog. Now what?
- Q: How do I add an favicon to my site?
- See this article: How do I add an favicon to my site?
- Q: WordPress installation is easy, I just do it myself! Or use a free service!
- Of course it’s pretty easy, some hosts have one-click installs. You’re clever enough, and there are enough resources out there for you to learn how to do it yourself. It’s a question of time and effort.
Some sites even offer free installation (in return for signing up with one of their hosting partners so they get a referral fee). This is great, and I encourage you to do that if you prefer.
However once you’ve installed it what do you do then? Most services do not provide ongoing support and there is a long list of things to do after installation. Set up email; set up a theme and plugins.; protect against spam; set up a sitemap; set up your RSS feed with Feedburner; set up backups. The list goes on.
You might even be comfortable doing that – great! But even if you’re happy with that, a few weeks down the line you will want to get back to concentrating on the writing and not worry about all the technical changes and updates you need on an ongoing basis. That’s where Blog Tech Guy comes in.3
- Q: Why outsource the technical aspects of blogging?
- Yaro Starak, famous blogging mentor and owner of Blog Mastermind recommends to outsource the technical aspect of blogging if that is not your strong point. Ahem, let me know if this is you . In fact he says about technical outsourcing:
“In the long run it’s definitely a smarter tactic, something I wish I did myself from day one, but instead I decided to struggle with technology myself and thus slow my progress down considerably.”
- Q: How much do you charge?
- I charge a standard fee for my Hands Free Monthly Blog Maintenance Package and the Complete Blog or Website Setup. For custom work because people have different needs and want to pay different ways (see below) it’s difficult to give a standard fee. Almost no two jobs are the same, or take the same amount of time. There are a few standard installations with certain web hosts that are easier than others and I therefore price depending on each individual job, charged by the hour.There’s no fee for asking me!
- Q: Do you charge per hour, per job, per month?
- I charge however you want to pay! Seriously, some people want to pay as a one-off (especially at the start), some prefer per hour, and some prefer a standing monthly charge. After a while a few even like a combination, with a monthly fee for a certain number of hours and then an hourly charge for extra hours. Just ask me!
- Q: Can I have the Hands Free Monthly Maintenance Package for just one month?
- Of course. Just pay for one month and then cancel your subscription. Contact me if you need further details.
- Q: Who are you? What is your experience?
- I’ve been a website creator and owner since 1999 and have been working with WordPress since 2006. I’m English but live in USA, and my time-zone is PST (-8 hours from GMT/UTC). You can read more about me on my About page.
Specific Blog Tech Guy Questions
For any other questions, please send me a quick note and say hi.